Last updated: October 29, 2019
Collection of Information
We collect information directly from you and about you when you visit our Website, use the services on our Website, or otherwise contact us.
Information We Collect Directly From You: We collect information directly from you when you request information from us, purchase a product, participate in our forums, or otherwise interact with our Website. The type of information that we collect from you depends on your particular interaction with our Website, and may include: your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. If you make a purchase from us, we also will collect your payment information (e.g., credit card information, billing name and address). You also may choose to provide us with demographic information, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
Information We Collect Automatically: We, and our third party service providers, also automatically collect information about your use of our Website through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, including: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times; purchase history, and referring website addresses. We use this information primarily to maintain quality of the service, and to understand how you and other visitors use our Website. We also may use this information provide general statistics regarding use of this Website. We may combine this information with other information that we collect about you.
Information We Collect from Social Networking Sites: If you choose to log into our services through Facebook Connect, we will request your permission to collect the following information about you: your e-mail address, name, profile picture, cover photo, friends, gender, networks (e.g., school), age range, language, country, and other information that you have chosen to make public. We may append this information to other information that we collect about you. If you “like” us on Facebook, we also may collect your email address.
Use of Information
We use the information that we collect from and about you, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- Providing Our Services. To provide our services to you; for order fulfillment purposes; to communicate with you, including via email, about your use of our services; to respond to your inquires; and for other customer service purposes.
- Marketing/Advertising. To provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, including via email; to contact you about products or information we think may interest you; and for other marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes.
- Analyzing Use of Our Services. To better understand how users access and use our Website and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis; to respond to user desires and preferences; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Posting to your Wall. If you log in through Facebook Connect or “like” us, we may post to your wall.
- Complying with the Law. To comply with applicable legal obligations.
- Protecting Our Rights and Interests. We may use your information to protect our rights and interests and the rights and interests of other users of our Website, as well as to enforce this Policy and our Terms of Service.
We may share your information, including your personal information, with the following entities and in the following situations:
- Affiliates. To our parent company, affiliates, or subsidiaries for research and marketing, including marketing our product as well as their own products and services, and other purposes consistent with this Policy.
- Partners. From time to time, we may offer promotions with other entities, and we may share your contact information with the other entity for the purpose of the joint promotion.
- Service Providers. To companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service, performing website analytics, assisting us with marketing and advertising, evaluating the success of our marketing/advertising campaigns. For example, we may share information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with advertising partners and other third parties to assist us in determining relevant advertising.
- Unaffiliated Third Parties. We also may share your information with non-affiliated third parties, including for their own marketing purposes (please see our Special Information for California Consumers section below with regard to such disclosures).
We also may share your information, including your personal information, for the following reasons:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
- Aggregate and Anonymized Information. We may share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the users to whom we displayed the advertisements.
User Generated Content
We invite you to participate in our Forums. If you choose to post a comment, your user name, city, and any other information that you choose to post will be visible to all visitors to the Website. We are not responsible for the privacy of any information that you choose to post to our Website, including in our blogs and forums, or for the accuracy of any information contained in those postings. Any information that you disclose becomes public information. We cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law or your personal privacy.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Website. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Website.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
- Web beacons/clear GIFs. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Website to track the activities of visitors to our Website , help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our Website. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our users, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
- Flash LSO. We may also use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your website preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals and we (either directly or through third party service providers) may track your activities once you leave our Website. You may disable certain tracking as discussed in this Policy (e.g., by disabling cookies).
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks. The website http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp provides information regarding this practice by Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to “opt-out” of third-party ad networks operated by NAI members. You also may contact Direct Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ for information about opting out of targeted advertising and your choices regarding having information used by DAA member companies, including how to “opt-out” of third-party ad networks operated by DAA members. Opting out of one or more NAI members or About Ad members (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Website or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer, be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites accessible by the above links.
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked third-party websites is not governed by this Policy but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites.
We encourage you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from this Website so that you can understand how those other websites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites other than this Website.
We have taken steps to help protect the information we collect about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Our Website is not designed for children under eighteen (18) years of age. If we discover that a child under thirteen (13) has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such information from our systems.
Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: email@example.com. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
If you have any questions about security on this Website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or post the updated Policy on this Website. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.